Introduction to East Las Angeles, California
East Los Angeles (East L.A.) is an unincorporated area of Los Angeles County that lies ten minutes to the southeast of Los Angeles. According to U.S. Census Bureau data, East L.A. has a population of approximately 124,000 people. East L.A. is part of the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana metropolitan area, which has a population of over twelve million people.
Nearby Los Angeles was ranked in the top thirty "Most Fun U.S. Cities" in a study conducted by Cranium, Inc. in 2004.
East L.A. experiences the dry sunny weather for which Southern California is so famous. Average daily temperatures in the summer are in the mid-eighties. Winter average daily temperatures are in the high sixties and low seventies (degrees Fahrenheit)
East Los Angeles Arts, and Entertainment
East L.A. residents have very easy access to all of the arts, cultural, and entertainment offerings of nearby Los Angeles to the east, and the Inland Empire to the west.
Nearby Los Angeles and surrounding communities provide East L.A. residents with a plethora of professional sports offerings. Major sports franchises near East Los Angeles include:
- The Arena Football League's (AFL) Los Angeles Avengers.
- Major League Baseball's Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Major League Soccer's (MLS) Club Deportivo Chivas USA and the Los Angeles Galaxy.
- Minor League Baseball's (MiLB) Inland Empire 66ers, and Lancaster JetHawks. The 66ers, who play in San Bernardino, are a Class A Advanced affiliate of the Seattle Mariners. The JetHawks, who play in Lancaster, are a Class A Advanced affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The National Basketball Association's (NBA) Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers.
- The National Hockey League's (NHL) Los Angeles Kings.
- The United Soccer League's (USL) Premier Development League Los Angeles Storm, and Southern California Seahorses.
- The WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks.
L.A. County is also one of the few regions in the United States where an individual can go to the beach in the morning, and skiing or snow boarding in the afternoon.