Introduction to Fullerton, California
Founded in 1887, Fullerton is a city in Southern California in northern Orange County. Fullerton is approximately 30 minutes southeast of Los Angeles and 10 minutes north of Anaheim.
Fullerton has a dry climate, with warm summers that have average daily temperatures in the 80s. Winter temperatures average in the 60s and 70s.
Fullerton Arts, Culture, and Entertainment
Residents of Fullerton have easy access to all of the entertainment offerings of nearby Anaheim and Los Angeles. Some of the more notable attractions in and near Fullerton include:
- The Brea Dam Recreational Area.
- Knott's Berry Farm.
- The Muckenthaler Cultural Center.
- The Fullerton Arboretum.
- The Fullerton Civic Light Opera.
- The Fullerton Museum Center.
Fullerton is home to an independent minor league baseball team, the Fullerton Flyers, who play in the Golden Baseball League. Close proximity to Anaheim and Los Angeles also offers access to the following professional sports teams:
- The Arena Football League's (AFL) Los Angeles Avengers.
- Major League Baseball's (MLB) Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Minor League Baseball's (MiLB) Lake Elsinore Storm who play forty-five minutes southeast in Lake Elsinore, California. The Storm are a Class A Advanced affiliate of the San Diego Padres.
- Major League Soccer's (MLS) Club Deportivo Chivas USA and the Los Angeles Galaxy.
- The National Basketball Association's (NBA) Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers.
- The National Hockey League's (NHL) Anaheim Might Ducks and Los Angeles Kings.
- The United Soccer League's (USL) Premier Development League Los Angeles Storm, Orange County Blue Star, and Southern California Seahorses.
- The WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks.