Introduction to Orange, California
Incorporated in 1881, Orange is approximately 40 minutes southeast of Los Angeles, 15 minutes southeast of Anaheim and an hour and a half northwest of San Diego.
Orange is located in Orange County, and has a semi-arid climate, with warm summers that have average daily temperatures in the 80s. January is the coolest month of the year with average daily temperatures in the 60s. Orange receives an average annual precipitation of about 11 inches.
Orange Arts and Entertainment
Residents of Orange have access to the arts, cultural and entertainment offerings of a sprawling region of Southern California that includes Anaheim, Los Angeles and San Diego. In addition, some of the more notable attractions in and around Orange include:
- Bower's Museum and Bower's Kidseum.
- The Discovery Science Center.
- Knott's Berry Farm.
For the sports fan, this part of Southern California offers unprecedented access to professional sports from the cities of Anaheim, Los Angeles and San Diego. Sports teams that play in this region include:
- The Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League (AFL).
- The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, the Los Angeles Dodgers, and the San Diego Padres of Major League Baseball (MLB).
- The Lake Elsinore Storm of Minor League Baseball (MiLB) who are a Class A Advanced affiliate of the San Diego Padres.
- Club Deportivo Chivas USA and the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer (MLS), as well as the United Soccer League (USL) USL Premier Development League San Diego Gauchos and the USL W-League San Diego Gauchos Women.
- The Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- The San Diego Chargers of the National Football League (NFL).
- The Anaheim Mighty Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League (NHL), as well as San Diego Gulls of the ECHL.
- The Los Angeles Sparks of the WNBA.