Introduction to Orange, California
Incorporated in 1881, Orange is a city of over 130,000 residents located in Orange County. It is approximately forty minutes southeast of Los Angeles, fifteen minutes southeast of Anaheim, and an hour and a half northwest of San Diego.
Orange is located in Orange County, which was ranked as the second "Most Fun U.S. City" in a study conducted by Cranium, Inc. in 2004. Orange County was also ranked in the "Top 25 Cities for Doing Business in America" in the "large cities" category in a 2004 Inc. magazine survey.
Orange has a semi-arid climate, with warm summers that have average daily temperatures in the mid-eighties (degrees Fahrenheit). January is the coolest month of the year with average daily temperatures in the high sixties (degrees Fahrenheit). Orange receives an average annual precipitation of about eleven inches.
Orange Arts and Entertainment
Residents of Orange have access to the arts, cultural, and entertainment offerings of a sprawling region of Southern California that includes Anaheim, Los Angeles, and San Diego. In addition, some of the more notable attractions in and around Orange include:
- Bower's Museum and Bower's Kidseum
- The Discovery Science Center
- Knott's Berry Farm
For the sports fan, this part of Southern California offers unprecedented access to professional sports from the cities of Anaheim, Los Angeles, and San Diego. Sports teams that play in this region include:
- The Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League (AFL).
- The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, the Los Angeles Dodgers, and the San Diego Padres of Major League Baseball (MLB).
- The Lake Elsinore Storm of Minor League Baseball (MiLB) who are a Class A Advanced affiliate of the San Diego Padres.
- Club Deportivo Chivas USA and the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer (MLS), as well as the United Soccer League (USL) USL Premier Development League San Diego Gauchos and the USL W-League San Diego Gauchos Women.
- The Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- The San Diego Chargers of the National Football League (NFL).
- The Anaheim Mighty Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League (NHL), as well as San Diego Gulls of the ECHL.
- The Los Angeles Sparks of the WNBA.