Introduction to Darien, Connecticut
This area was originally a part of Stamford. According to historical records, men from Wethersfield and New Haven cleared land in this area sometime around 1641. The first community Church was built in this area in 1740 and it was officially incorporated as Darien in 1820. Following the Civil War, Darien became popular among wealthy New Yorkers who built summer homes in this town.
Darien and nearby Attractions
- Ox Ridge Hunt Club
- Country Club of Darien
- Connecticut Graphics Arts Center and Museum
- Bates Scofield House
- Tilley Pond Park
- Pear Tree Point Beach
Things To Do In Darien
There are several parks and beaches in Darien, as it is blessed with 30 acres of shoreline beaches. The Woodland Park Nature Preserve is spread over an area of 64 acres and has 2 ponds, a stream, 2 trail systems, an archaic stonewall, a footbridge and ornamental plantings.
Westchester County Airport provides air transportation services.
Darien Higher Education
Norwalk Community College, Fairfield University and the University of Bridgeport are all nearby.