Introduction to Easton, Connecticut
The town of Easton was first settled by people from Fairfield which led to the formation of the North Fairfield Society in 1762. In 1787, the town of Weston, comprising areas of present day Easton, was incorporated from Fairfield. In 1845, Easton was officially incorporated from Weston. The Aquarion Water Company of Connecticut, the major water supplier in the area, owns half of the town's property.
Easton and nearby Attractions
- Aldrich Museum of Contemporary Art
- Putnam Cottage
- Danbury Railway Museum
- Indian Well State Park
- Garbage Museum
- John A. Minetto State Park
Things To Do In Easton
History buffs may enjoy local museums such as the Aldrich Museum of Contemporary Art, the Bruce Museum, the Garbage Museum, and the Danbury Railway Museum. The town is home to numerous parks like Huntington State Park and John A. Minetto State Park, which offer various recreational opportunities. There are two major historic sites which are the Putnam Cottage and Weir Farm National Historic Site. The Putnam Cottage, house of General Israel Putnam, served as a meeting place during the Revolution.
Air transportation facilities are available at the Bradley International Airport.
Easton Higher Education
Fairfield University, Sacred Heart University, and the University of Bridgeport provide programs for higher studies.