Athens Colleges and Schools
Step back in time or enjoy the present in Athens, Georgia, located in the northern part of the Peach State. Students attending Athens colleges and schools can find so much to do there, whether that's visiting historic neighborhoods, checking out the music scene, or enjoying the unique flavors that can be found at eateries, cafes and in traditional dining settings.
Colleges in Athens, Georgia
- University of Georgia Athens: Find student organizations, Greek life, and multicultural services and programs at UGA, all while pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in an area like counseling, communications, math, science education, the languages, or another discipline. Of course, you also could work on a law degree at the university's law school, too. The campus boasts a student center, a performing arts center, and health center and UGA athletics that include football, basketball, cross-country and golf among sundry others.
- Athens Technical College: You can "discover your future" at Athens Technical College with a diploma, certificate or associate degree program while engaging in students activities -- such as volunteering at an area food bank -- or becoming part of the student advisory council. Programs of study include accounting, criminal justice, health information coding, nursing, paralegal studies, radiography, and many others, but students also can work on completing their GED or adult education.
- Piedmont College: This liberal arts college, located in Athens, offers academics in the arts and sciences, business, education, nursing, and other areas of study and also degrees at the undergraduate and graduate level. The school was founded in 1897, and offers residential life, religious life, dining, clubs, organizations, athletics, libraries and career services. And, if you happen to have an unanswered research question or need help finding a resource, just use the school's online "Ask a Librarian" feature.
Fun Facts about Athens Colleges
- Ryan Seacrest once attended UGA as a journalism major, but never graduated. He did, however, recently receive a UGA honorary degree.
- Athens Technical College has made therapy dogs available on campus to help students deal with stress while studying for finals.
- Piedmont College offers travel study experiences in places such as Madrid, Scotland and Peru.
- About UGA, University of Georgia, Athens, http://www.uga.edu/information/students/
- Ask a Librarian, Piedmont College, http://libanswers.piedmont.edu/
- Athens Life Unleashed, Athens Convention & Visitors Bureau, http://www.visitathensga.com/
- Programs of Study, Athens Technical College, http://athenstech.smartcatalogiq.com/en/2015-2016/Catalog/Programs-of-Study
- Relax with Our Dogs, Athens Technical College, Student Resources, Athens Technical College, http://www.athenstech.edu/studentAffairs/cStudents.cfm
- "Ryan Seacrest to headline UGA's spring Commencement ceremony, receive honorary degree," UGA Today, http://news.uga.edu/releases/article/ryan-seacrest-spring-commencement-ceremony-honorary-degree-1015/
- Travel Study, Piedmont College, https://www.piedmont.edu/current-opportunities