Introduction to Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Rolling Meadows History
During 1836, Orrin Ford owned 160 acres of land in the present day city of Rolling Meadows. In 1850, Rolling Meadows became part of the newly formed Palatine Township. The Salem Evangelical Church was established in 1862. Rolling Meadows was incorporated as a city in 1955. The city derived its name from the gently rolling terrain of the region. In the 1950s, Crawford's department store was opened in Rolling Meadows.
Rolling Meadows and nearby Attractions
- Rolling Meadows Historical Museum
- Arlington Park
- Friendship Park Conservatory
- Santa's Village - Illinois
- Six Flags Great America
Things To Do In Rolling Meadows
There are several parks and playgrounds in Rolling Meadows including Countryside Park, Waverly Park, Cottonwood Park, Kimball Hill Park, Plum Grove Reservoir Park, and Salk Park. The local churches are the Community Church of Rolling Meadows, Saint Colette Catholic Church, Meadows Baptist Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Cardinal Drive Church of Christ. Shopping can be enjoyed at the Meadows Town Mall Shopping Center, Rolling Meadows Shopping Center, Plum Grove Shopping Center, Southland Shopping Center, and The Paddock Shopping Center.
Rolling Meadows Transportation
The nearest international airport is Chicago O’Hare International Airport.
Rolling Meadows Higher Education
Higher educational facilities are provided by William Rainey Harper College, Elmhurst College, and Trinity International University.