Bowling Green Colleges and Schools
If taking a boat ride through Lost River Cave doesn't thrill you, then maybe watching the races at Beech Bend Raceway or hitting a farmers market full of fresh foods will. The truth is that Bowling Green, Kentucky is full of recreational, historical and even railroad and train attractions, any of which can pique the interest of a college student or someone planning a new career. In fact, students attending Bowling Green colleges and schools can find plenty to do in Bowling Green, which also happens to be the third largest city in the state.
Colleges in Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Western Kentucky University: Students enrolled at WKU have the chance to pursue education in disciplines such as business, education, journalism, engineering, and more, but also to study abroad in England or to participate in a semester at sea. The school has its own Honors College, as well as Greek life, athletic programs and even distance learning. It also promotes civic engagement and community outreach.
- Bowling Green State University: This school not only has students enrolled from across the U.S. but also from many different countries -- about 70 in all! It offers undergraduate and graduate programming in areas like business administration, education, musical arts, engineering and more and includes men's and women's athletics in areas like basketball, cross country, golf, and soccer. The school has even developed a "Climate Action Plan" to reach carbon-neutrality on campus by 2040.
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College: Diploma, certificate and associate degree programs are available at this college, also known as SKYCTC, which has six campuses in Kentucky including one in Bowling Green. The school offers a Learning Center to help with writing or math, has a Student Success Center to help in goal achievement and provides financial literacy programming to help students discover ways to work on graduating debt-free.
- Daymar College: A variety of career-focused programs are available at this school including in accounting, criminal justice, pharmacy technology and more. Diploma and degree programs are available as well as Career Services workshops. There is is an emphasis on small class sizes. If you need to know more about what's happening on campus, just download the school's app.
Fun Facts about Colleges in Bowling Green, Kentucky
- WKU is home to the 'hilltoppers' -- because the school is located on the top of a hill.
- A turn in sports? BGSU actually offers more athletics for female students than male students.
- SKYCTC has a Movie Club.
- About BGSU, Bowling Green State University, https://www.bgsu.edu/about.html
- About SKYCTC, Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College, http://southcentral.kctcs.edu/About_Us
- About WKU, Western Kentucky University, https://www.wku.edu/about/
- Daymar College in Bowling Green, Daymar College, http://www.daymarcollege.edu/locations/kentucky/bowling-green
- Visit BGKY, Bowling Green Kentucky, http://www.visitbgky.com/