Introduction to Fairfield, Maine
The Abenaki Indians were the original inhabitants of Fairfield. The area boomed as a trade and agricultural town after the Revolutionary War. The town was incorporated on June 18, 1788 and adopted its present name. Fairfield was originally served by the Maine Central Railroad’s Somerset branch.
Fairfield and nearby Attractions
- L. C. Bates Museum
- Colby College Museum of Art
- History House
- Lindbergh Crate Museum
- Lake Saint George State Park
- Edward Arlington Robinson House
Things To Do In Fairfield
Fairfield provides easy access to the Old Fort Western, the Redington Museum and the Maine State Museum. For those who are interested in the town’s history, a visit to the History House-Fairfield Historical Society may prove fruitful. The City of Fairfield also hosts the Chocolate Festival every year.
Bangor International Airport is nearby.
Fairfield Higher Education
Kennebec Valley Technical College is the local college. One can also attend the University of Maine at Augusta, Saint Joseph’s College and the University of Southern Maine