Introduction to Bayville, New York
In 1658, Daniel Whitehead of Oyster Bay bought the land, which comprises Bayville, from the Matinecock Indians. The peninsula’s eastern section was named Pines and the western section was called Oak Neck. In 1754, the main road, Main Street, was surveyed and constructed, and in 1851, the first school was built. The area was named Bayville in 1859, but was not officially incorporated until 1919.
Bayville and Nearby Attractions
- Bayville Amusements
- Bayville Historical Museum
- Oyster Bay National Wildlife Refuge
- Oak Neck Beach
Things To Do In Bayville
Visitors who enjoy museums can go to the Bayville Historical Museum, Nassau County Museum of Art, and the Science Museum of Long Island. A trip to the Saxon Woods Park and Oyster Bay National Wildlife Refuge may be planned, and Oak Neck Beach is another interesting place to visit. Families seeking recreation may also enjoy the Bayville Amusements theme park.
The closest airport is Westchester County Airport.
Bayville Higher Education
Colleges close to Bayville include Long Island University - C W Post Campus, Hofstra University, Nassau Community College, and Suny College at Old Westbury.