Introduction to Trotwood, Ohio
The area presently known as Trotwood was originally inhabited by the Hopewell Indians, followed by the Shawnee and Miami Indians. In 1901, Trotwood was incorporated as a village. It was named after Betsy Trotwood, a character from Charles Dickens' "David Copperfield." Trotwood’s first Village Charter was approved on November 3, 1964 and became effective on January 1, 1966. Trotwood was reincorporated as a city on February 13, 1971. The city was merged with the Madison Township in 1996.
Trotwood and Nearby Attractions
- Sycamore State Park
- Splash Moraine
- Aullwood Audubon Center & Farm
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
Things To Do In Trotwood
The Townview Park offers a basketball court and picnic shelter. Madison Park has 4 picnic shelters, tennis courts, scenic trails and soccer fields. Fishing opportunities are available at the John Wolfe Park. The Brookville Historical Society's Spitler House and Museum and America's Packard Museum have many historical artifacts on display.
Air transportation is available from James M. Cox Dayton International Airport.
Trotwood Higher Education
Wright State University-Main Campus, University of Dayton and Sinclair Community College are located nearby.