Introduction to Euless, Texas
Incorporated in 1953, Euless, also known as "Tree City USA", is a city in north/western Texas near Dallas and Fort Worth. Euless is approximately 20 minutes northwest of Dallas, and twenty five minutes northeast of Fort Worth. Part of the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is located within Euless.
The community of Euless grew up around land first settled by Elisha Adam Euless who had a cotton gin and community center located on his property.
Euless is served by many major highways including Interstate 35, Interstate 45, Interstate 20, Interstate 30, S.H. 183, S.H. 360, S.H. 121, and S.H. 114, as well as Amtrak rail service.
Euless Arts and Culture
Euless is home to an annual Arbor Day celebration that is reputedly the largest Arbor Day celebration anywhere in the world. Additional things to do in and around Euless include:
- The Dr Pepper StarCenter
- The Fuller House Museum
- Himes Log House
- McCormick Barn
- The Midway Recreation Center
- Softball World at Texas Star
- The Texas Star Golf Course
- The Texas Star Sports Center
- Parks and recreation facilities consisting of 16 parks encompassing 605 acres, 24 athletic fields, 2 amphitheaters, 1 public golf course/conference center, 1 recreation center, 3 swimming pools, and 8 tennis courts
Euless is also situated to provide easy access to all of the entertainment offerings of nearby Arlington, Grand Prairie, Dallas, and Forth Worth.
For sports fans, the Dallas Stars play in Euless at the Dr Pepper StarCenter. Other major sporting attractions in the area include:
- Major League Baseball (MLB) - Texas Rangers.
- Minor League Baseball (MiLB) - Frisco RoughRiders play in Frisco, Texas. The RoughRiders are a Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers.
- Basketball: National Basketball Association (NBA) - Dallas Mavericks.
- Arena Football League (AFL) - Dallas Desperados.
- National Football League (NFL) - Dallas Cowboys.
- National American Hockey League (NAHL) - Texas Tornado.
- Soccer: Major League Soccer (MLS) - FC Dallas.