Introduction to Kingsville, Texas
Kingsville, Texas, in Kleberg county, is 34 miles SW of Corpus Christi, Texas.
The original townsite of Kingsville was established in 1904 on land donated by Henrietta King. She played an important role in developing the area into a center for agriculture, banking, and oil in the Southern Region of Texas. A number of Baptist, Episcopal, and Catholic churches, as well as the first building of Texas A&M University-Kingsville, were established on land donated by her. The original townsite is presently located within King Ranch.
Kingsville and nearby Attractions
- John B Ragland Mercantile Company Building
- El Redentor Baptist Church
- Dick Kleberg Park Lake
- Chamberlain Cemetery
- Kleberg County - County Court at Law Judge
- Robert J. Kleberg Public Library
Things To Do In Kingsville
John B. Ragland Mercantile Company Building is a great place to shop for leather goods such as horse-saddles, fine purses, and belts. The John E. Conner Museum, situated on the campus of Texas A&M University-Kingsville, displays the social and natural history of the state of Texas. El Redentor Baptist Church is an architectural marvel that mesmerizes visitors. Chamberlain Cemetery, located a small distance from the city, is known for its peace and serenity. The Robert J. Kleberg Public Library allows visitors to unwind with a good book.
Corpus Christi International Airport provides air transportation facilities to the citizens of Kingsville.
Kingsville Higher Education
Seekers of higher education from Kingsville can enroll at the local Texas A & M University-Kingsville or the nearby Del Mar College.