Introduction to Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Pleasant Prairie History
Pleasant Prairie was originally inhabited by Native Americans. It was primarily established as a town. The size of Pleasant Prairie reduced slowly as Kenosha annexed some of its land. The first town meeting of Pleasant Prairie was held in April of 1842 at the William’s Congregational Church. The church served as the official Town Hall. The municipal building of the town was constructed in 1967. Pleasant Prairie was incorporated as a village in 1989.
Pleasant Prairie and nearby Attractions
- Chiwaukee Prairie State Natural Area
- Kenosha Military Museum
- Racine Art Museum
- Illinois Beach State Park
- Lake County Discovery Museum
- Richard Bong State Recreation Area
Things To Do In Pleasant Prairie
Pleasant Prairie is home to the Chiwaukee Prairie State Natural Area. The Kenosha Military Museum is nearby as well. Local churches include the Apostolic Faith Church, the Church of God and the Saint John Chrysostomos Church. The village hosts the Prairie Family Days every August. In addition, the Volo Bog State Natural Area, the Moraine Hills State Park, the Chain O'Lakes State Park, the Illinois Beach State Park and the Richard Bong State Recreation Area are all accessible from Pleasant Prairie as well.
Pleasant Prairie Transportation
General Mitchell International is nearby.
Pleasant Prairie Higher Education
Gateway Technical College, the College of Lake County and the University of Wisconsin-Parkside are the local colleges and universities.