Eastern Oklahoma State College was initially founded as the Oklahoma School of Mines and Metallurgy in 1908. In 1927, the institute was renamed Eastern Oklahoma College. It officially became the Eastern Oklahoma State College in 1972. The main campus of the institute is in Wilburton, Oklahoma. In addition, facilities are offered in McAlester, and at the McCurtain County Higher Education Center in Idabel and in Antlers.
Eastern Oklahoma State College offers a number of associate's degrees in science, applied science, arts, and nursing. The academic divisions of the college include:
The sports teams of Eastern Oklahoma State College are nicknamed the Mountaineers. Students participate in sports including basketball, baseball, and softball. The college also supports a number of Greek organizations such as the Phi Beta Lambda Business Club, Phi Theta Kappa National Scholastic Fraternity, and Sigma Alpha Omega. The on-campus newspaper published by the students is called 'The Statesman'.
Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2015-16, National Center for Education Statistics, http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.