Harcum College was founded by Octavius and Edith Harcum as the Harcum Post Graduate School in October of 1915. It opened as a preparatory school for women, but soon became a women's junior college. The Junto Adult School purchased the college in 1952, and began enrolling male students in the 1970s. However, Harcum College did not officially become coeducational until 2003. The college's campus is located in Bryn Mawr, Philadelphia.
Harcum College offers majors in subjects like criminal justice, fashion design and merchandising, nursing, veterinary technology, legal studies, and radiologic technology. A number of associate's degree and certificate programs, as well as continuing education courses are offered through the following academic divisions:
The sports teams of Harcum College are nicknamed the Bears. The athletics department fields teams in basketball, track and field, and volleyball. The college is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association Division II, Region 19.
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.