Laredo Community College was founded as Laredo Junior College on September 28, 1947 by the Laredo Independent School District. It was renamed 'Laredo Community College 'in 1993.
Laredo Community College comprises two campuses - the Main Campus and the South campus. The main campus, also known as Fort McIntosh Campus, is located at the west end of Washington Street in downtown Laredo. It houses more than 25 buildings. The South Campus is located at the South Zapata Highway.
The official mascot of LCC is Palominos. Some of the notable alumni of the college are Laredo businessman and LCC trustee, Carlos Carranco, Jr. and U.S. representative from District 28 Henry Cuellar.
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.