Lindsey Hopkins Technical Education Center was originally founded as the Northside Technical School in 1937. It was renamed Miami Technical High School during World War II. In the 1950s, the name was changed to Lindsey Hopkins Education Center. Situated in Miami, Florida, the institute was given its present name in the late 1900s. Commonly referred to as LHTEC, this training institute prepares students for various state licensing examinations. Programs are offerd in architecture, arts, communications, health science, hospitality, tourism, transportation, distribution and logistics, and manufacturing among others.
LHTEC has a Library Media Center through which students can access various databases. Financial aid is offered to eligible candidates. The institute participates in Federal Pell Grants, Florida Student Assistance Grants, and District Financial Assistance Programs. In addition, students can apply for the Vocational Rehabilitation Services, South Florida Workforce (One Stops), and the SAVES program.
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.