Livingstone College was originally established in 1879 as the Zion Wesley Institute. It was founded by A.M.E. Zion ministers, and was initially located in Concord, North Carolina. This institute closed down in 1881, but was reopened in 1882 in Salisbury, North Carolina. In 1887, the school was given its current name, and the college presently occupies on a 272-acre campus.
Livingstone College awards Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Social Work degrees. Study programs are offered through the following academic divisions:
Livingstone College's athletics department sponsors teams in basketball, cross country, bowling, football, tennis, track and field, softball, and volleyball. The teams are nicknamed the Blue Bears, and participate in the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division II.
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.