North Georgia College and State University was established in 1873 as the North Georgia Agricultural College. It was an agricultural branch of the University of Georgia at that time. When the agricultural program was dropped in 1929, the name was changed to North Georgia College. University status was granted to the college in 1996, after which it was named North Georgia College and State University. NGCSU offers enrollment to over 5,000 undergraduate and graduate students every year. The rural campus is spread across 112 acres of land. The university operates 4 schools:
NGCSU offers bachelor of arts, science and masters degrees in various area of study. Associates degrees in nursing, and certificate programs in teacher licensure and engineering transfer are also available to the students of this university.
The athletics teams of NGCSU are known as the Saints. They participate in sports like baseball, basketball, cross country, soccer, tennis, track and field and softball.
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.