Pittsburg State University was established as the Auxiliary Manual Training Normal School in 1903. It was renamed the Kansas State Teachers College of Pittsburg in 1913 and Kansas State College of Pittsburg in 1959. It gained university status on April 21, 1977, and adopted its present name at that time. The campus covers an area of more than 220 acres in Pittsburg, Kansas. PSU offers several degrees and certificate programs and is made up of the following academic units:
The athletics department of PSU fields a number of men's and women's sports teams, which compete in National Collegiate Athletic Association Division II and are the members of the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association.
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.