Data Sources & Definitions
CityTownInfo Data Sources
CityTownInfo.com (CTI) aims to provide users with the most up-to-date information possible about a variety of topics. Our data comes from several different sources, including a number of government databases. Where applicable, the information is updated annually to reflect the most recent numbers available.
Our sources include:
- Postsecondary education data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
- Occupation and salary data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Demographic, housing, commuting and ancestry data from the American Community Survey.
- Climate data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Historic photographs from the Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, Detroit Publishing Company Collection.
The state license plate images are licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. They are, in whole or part, from this page.