Introduction to Searcy, Arkansas
Searcy was originally known as Sulphur Springs. On November 23, 1837, it became the county seat of White County, which was founded on October 23, 1835, and adopted its present name. The city was named after Richard Searcy, a judge of the Superior Court of Arkansas Territory. It was officially incorporated in 1851. The city became a major trading center in the late 1840s.
Searcy and nearby Attractions
- West Race Baptist Church
- Prairie County Museum
- Jacksonport State Park
- Toltec Mounds
- Woolly Hollow State Park
- Old State House
Things To Do In Searcy
While staying in Searcy one can visit the Prairie County Museum, Harding University Stevens Art Center, and Jacksonport State Park. The city also has many houses of worship such as the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Trinity Episcopal Church, Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, and College Church of Christ. Searcy hosts several recreational events and festivals each year including the White County Fair.
Flights can be availed from Little Rock AFB Airport.
Searcy Higher Education
Harding University and Foothills Technical Institute are located in the city.