Introduction to Anderson, California
The city was named after Elias Anderson, who donated the land that would later become Anderson to the California & Oregon Railroad. The city was incorporated in 1956.
Anderson and nearby Attractions
- Carter House Natural Science Museum
- Kelly - Griggs House Museum
- Shasta State Historic Park
- McArthur - Burney Falls Memorial State Park
- Bidwell-Sacramento River State Park
- Ahjumawi Lava Springs State Park
Things To Do In Anderson
North Street Park, Veterans Park, Anderson River Park and Griffith Park are all accessible from Anderson. Local museums include the Carter House Natural Science Museum, the Turtle Bay Museums & Arboretum and the Redding Museum of Art and History. Anderson Library and Shasta County Library are nearby as well.
Sacramento International is the nearest major airport.
Anderson Higher Education
California State University-Chico, Shasta College and Butte College are all nearby.