Introduction to Concord, California
Founded in 1869, Concord, California is in the part of the San Francisco Bay Area referred to as the "North Bay." Concord is located in the San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont metropolitan area.
Concord is approximately 40 minutes northeast of San Francisco, 30 minutes northeast of Oakland and 40 to 50 minutes southeast of the Napa/Sonoma wine country.
Concord experiences warm summers and cool winters. Summer average daily temperatures are in the 80s and winter average daily temperatures are in the 50s.
Concord Arts, Culture, and Entertainment
Concord residents have easy access to all of the arts, cultural and entertainment offerings of nearby Oakland and San Francisco, as well as California wine country. Some of the more notable offerings in and around Concord include:
- The Blue Devils Drum & Bugle Corps
- The annual Concord Jazz Festival
- The Concord Skatepark
- The Contra Costa County Fair
- The Markham Regional Arboretum
- The Pixieland Amusement Park
- Six Flags Waterworld Concord
- The Willows Theater
- Wine country to the north
For the sports enthusiast, nearby Oakland and San Francisco provide a rich set of professional sports offerings, including:
- Major League Baseball's Oakland Athletics and San Francisco Giants.
- Major League Lacrosse's (MLL) San Francisco Dragons.
- The National Football League's (NFL) Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers.
- The United Soccer League's (USL) San Francisco Seals who play in the USL Premier Development League.