Pasadena Colleges and Schools
Pasadena, Calif., can hardly be described as 'boring,' particularly when it comes to things for students at Pasadena colleges and schools to do. From shows to catch at The Boston Court Performing Arts Center to bridge parties along Colorado Street, entertainment and fun is almost a guarantee. Plus, there are a variety of dining establishments to try from gourmet restaurants to pop-up style and even vegan, as well as shopping to do, and of course, the Rose Bowl Parade to catch every year.
Colleges in Pasadena, California
- California Institute of Technology: Commonly referred to as CalTech, this school offers opportunities for learning in biology, chemistry, engineering, geology, physics, math and more. Both undergraduate and graduate degrees are available, and the school boasts gene sequencing facilities, an Earth Surface Dynamics Laboratory, a Tectonics Observatory and more in support of its focus on research.
- Pasadena City College: Explore programs in accounting, biology, education, medical assisting -- even Chinese and more -- at this school in Southern California. Certificate and associate degrees are the standards, but there also are a wide variety of athletic teams for students to get involved in, including badminton for women. There also is a bookstore, Child Development Center and Office of Student Services.
- ArtCenter College of Design: With two campuses in Pasadena, this school offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees in art disciplines as varied as advertising, fine arts, film, graphic design, illustration and more. There also are humanities degrees as well as public programs, such as ArtCenter at night (continuing education courses), and numerous workshops and events to attend. Students can take advantage of Counseling and Wellness Services as well as get engaged in leadership and civic engagement opportunities.
Fun Facts about Pasadena Colleges
- Among CalTech's alumni are 17 Noble-prize winning scientists.
- PCC's mascot is the "Lancer," -- yes, a mounted Greek warrior.
- ArtCenter has, of course, its own art gallery (among 8 others), but the Alyce de Roulet Williamson Gallery is 4,600 square feet in total.
- About ArtCenter, ArtCenter College of Design, http://www.artcenter.edu/about/overview.html
- Alyce de Roulet Williamson Gallery, ArtCenter College of Design, http://www.artcenter.edu/about/campus/hillside-campus/facilities/alyce-de-roulet-williamson-gallery.html
- Notable Alumni, CalTech, https://www.admissions.caltech.edu/content/notable-alumni
- Quick Facts, Pasadena Community College, http://www.pasadena.edu/about/quick-facts.php
- Research Facilities, CalTech, https://www.caltech.edu/content/research-facilities
- Things to Do in Pasadena, The Pasadena Visitors and Convention Bureau, http://www.visitpasadena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Pasadena-CVB-Official-Visitor-Guide-2015-2016.pdf
Education Institutes in Pasadena
Total Number of Educational Institutes
Total Enrollment in all institutes
Number of Public Educational Institutes
Number of Private For-Profit Institutes
Number of Private Non-Profit Institutes
Total Graduates With Bachelors Degree
On Campus and Online Programs in Pasadena
Number of Institutes Offering on-campus programs
Number of Institutes Offering on-line programs
Number of Institutes Offering both
Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2016-17, National Center for Education Statistics, http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/