Introduction to Torrance, California
Torrance, California is located in Los Angeles County, 25 minutes southwest of Los Angeles. Torrance is part of the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana metropolitan area.
Torrance experiences the famous Southern California weather. Temperatures are pleasant year-round, with summer average daily temperatures in the 70s and winter temperatures in the 60s.
Torrance Arts and Entertainment
Torrance, California provides easy access to all of the arts, cultural and entertainment offerings of Los Angeles and Los Angeles County. In addition, some of Torrance's more notable arts and entertainment offerings include:
- The Del Amo Fashion Center, one of the largest malls in the United States.
- The Torrance Art Museum.
- Torrance Beach.
- The Torrance Civic Chorale.
- The Torrance Cultural Arts Center.
- Torrance High School whose facade was used in the television programs Beverly Hills 90210 and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- The Torrance Theatre Company.
For the sports enthusiast, the Los Angeles Area is home to the Arena Football League's (AFL) Los Angeles Avengers, Major League Baseball's (MLB) Los Angeles Dodgers, Major League Soccer's (MLS) Club Deportivo Chivas USA and Los Angeles Galaxy, the National Basketball Association's (NBA) Los Angeles Clippers and Lakers, the National Hockey League's (NHL) LA Kings and the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks. College football's Rose Bowl is also played in nearby Pasadena.