Introduction to East Haddam, Connecticut
East Haddam History
Till 1754, Haddam and East Haddam were a single colony. After the formal separation, the colony on the west bank kept the name Haddam and the colony lying along the eastern bank of the Connecticut River took the name of East Haddam. The town of East Haddam was officially incorporated in 1734. The original inhabitants of the town divided the area into nine sections, each comprising three-fourths of a mile square.
East Haddam and nearby Attractions
- Devil's Hopyard State Park
- East Haddam Historical Museum
- Echo Farm State Park
- Amasa Day House
Things To Do In East Haddam
History buffs should pay a visit to the East Haddam Historical Museum to see the picture of the construction of the East Haddam swing bridge. Situated on the Eight Mile River, the beautiful Devil's Hopyard State Park provides tourists with camping, fishing, hiking, and mountain biking opportunities. One can also visit the Goodspeed Opera House and the Gillette castle State Park.
East Haddam Transportation
Bradley International Airport is the major airport in the area.
East Haddam Higher Education
Wesleyan University, Eastern Connecticut State University, and the University of Connecticut provide facilities for higher education.