Introduction to Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Windsor Locks History
Windsor Locks was originally known as Pine Meadow. It was officially incorporated as the Town of Windsor in 1854. The name Windsor Locks is a reference to a set of canal locks which were opened in 1829 and were a part of the Enfield Falls Canal. The Dexter Corporation was established in this area in 1767 and is the oldest corporation listed on the NYSE.
Windsor Locks and nearby Attractions
- Noden-Reed Park
- New England Air Museum
- Northwest Park
- King House Museum
- Penwood State Park
- Airways Golf Course and Country Club
Things To Do In Windsor Locks
The town is home to many spots which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Windsor Locks is also home to several parks which are well facilitated and provide opportunities for varied recreational activities.
Windsor Locks Transportation
Bradley International Airport is just 2 miles away.
Windsor Locks Higher Education
Courses in higher education are offered at Manchester Community College, the University of Hartford, Trinity College and Springfield College.