Bowling Green Colleges and Schools
If taking a boat ride through Lost River Cave doesn't thrill you, then maybe watching the races at Beech Bend Raceway or hitting a farmers market full of fresh foods will. The truth is that Bowling Green, Kentucky, is full of recreational, historical and even railroad and train attractions, any of which can pique the interest of a college student or someone planning a new career. In fact, students attending Bowling Green colleges and schools can find plenty to do in Bowling Green, which also happens to be the third largest city in the state.
Colleges in Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Western Kentucky University: Students enrolled at WKU have the chance to pursue education in disciplines such as business, education, journalism, engineering, and more, but also to study abroad in England or to participate in a semester at sea. The school has its own Honors College, as well as Greek life, athletic programs and even distance learning. It also promotes civic engagement and community outreach.
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College: Diploma, certificate and associate degree programs are available at this college, also known as SKYCTC, which has six campuses in Kentucky including one in Bowling Green. The school offers a Learning Center to help with writing or math, has a Student Success Center to help in goal achievement and provides financial literacy programming to help students discover ways to work on graduating debt-free.
- Daymar College: A variety of career-focused programs are available at this school including in accounting, criminal justice, pharmacy technology and more. Diploma and degree programs are available as well as Career Services workshops. There is an emphasis on small class sizes. If you need to know more about what's happening on campus, just download the school's app.
Fun Facts about Colleges in Bowling Green, Kentucky
- WKU is home to the "hilltoppers" -- because the school is located on the top of a hill.
- SKYCTC has a Movie Club.
- About SKYCTC, Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College, http://southcentral.kctcs.edu/About_Us
- About WKU, Western Kentucky University, https://www.wku.edu/about/
- Daymar College in Bowling Green, Daymar College, http://www.daymarcollege.edu/locations/kentucky/bowling-green
- Visit BGKY, Bowling Green Kentucky, http://www.visitbgky.com/
Education Institutes in Bowling Green
Total Number of Educational Institutes
Total Enrollment in all institutes
Number of Public Educational Institutes
Number of Private For-Profit Institutes
Number of Private Non-Profit Institutes
Total Graduates With Bachelors Degree
On Campus and Online Programs in Bowling Green
Number of Institutes Offering on-campus programs
Number of Institutes Offering on-line programs
Number of Institutes Offering both
Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2016-17, National Center for Education Statistics, http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/