Introduction to Auburn, Massachusetts
Auburn was first settled in the year 1714. It was officially incorporated in 1778 as the town of Ward, in honor of the American Revolution General Artemas Ward. Before incorporation, most of the region that is covered by today’s Auburn was known as the South Parish of Worcester. The other portions fell within the town limits of Millbury and Leicester. The town was renamed "Auburn" in the year 1837 after the Post Office complained that the name "Ward" was too similar to the nearby town of Ware.
Auburn and nearby Attractions
- Horgan Skating Rink
- Rocketland Park
- Pakachoag Golf Course
- Crystal Caves Mini-Golf and Ice Cream
- Hampton Place
- AMF Bowling
The local airport serving Auburn is Worcester Regional.
Auburn Higher Education
College of the Holy Cross serves the city.