Kalamazoo Colleges and Schools
From pop-up bike projects into the city to public events scheduled at the city's well known Bronson Park (used for more than two centuries), Kalamazoo, Mich., provides plenty of opportunities for students enrolled in Kalamazoo colleges and schools to enjoy. In fact, if you get an itch to study outdoors, you could head over to Bronson Park to enjoy its scenery, but also to take advantage of the free public WiFi that is being incorporated as part of the park's new goals.
Colleges in Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Western Michigan University: This national research university was founded in 1903 and enrolls students from across the country as well as from other nations. You can find bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs to pursue as well as numerous fraternities and sororities, student organizations, sports groups, and faith-based organizations to join. A Campus Activities Board (CAB) helps keep students updated as to what is happening on campus, including movies, entertainment and even spa nights.
- Kalamazoo College: Founded in 1833, this college is one of the older in the nation. It offers its 'K Plan,' which highlights a rigorous liberal arts for undergraduates and focuses on experiential learning. In fact, nearly two-thirds of its students complete an internship or externship in their degree program. At 'K,' you can pursue studies in the fine arts, the humanities, the natural sciences, math, modern and classical languages, and even interdisciplinary fields, such as Jewish studies or neuroscience.
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College: Students wanting to pursue certificate or associate degree may want to consider Kalamazoo Valley Community College, also known as KVCC. Fields of study include the arts, business, communication, engineering, marketing, the health sciences, natural resources and agriscience, and more. The school also is military-friendly and offers a Student Advocacy Program to assist students coming from both traditional and non-traditional background in finding success.
Fun Facts about Kalamazoo Colleges
- WMU has both a law school and a medical school.
- Students at Kalamazoo College complete senior individualized projects.
- KVCC offers a web-based Degree Works program so that students know which classes they have taken and which classes they have yet to take to complete their degree.
- About WMU, Western Michigan University, https://wmich.edu/about
- Bronson Park 21st Century Campaign, The City of Kalamazoo, http://www.kalamazoocity.org/bronsonpark
- Fast Facts about Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo College, https://www.kzoo.edu/about/fast-facts/
- Majors, Kalamazoo College, https://www.kzoo.edu/programs/
- Programs of Study, Kalamazoo Valley Community College, https://www.kvcc.edu/programs/
Education Institutes in Kalamazoo
Total Number of Educational Institutes
Total Enrollment in all institutes
Number of Public Educational Institutes
Number of Private For-Profit Institutes
Number of Private Non-Profit Institutes
Total Graduates With Bachelors Degree
On Campus and Online Programs in Kalamazoo
Number of Institutes Offering on-campus programs
Number of Institutes Offering on-line programs
Number of Institutes Offering both
Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2016-17, National Center for Education Statistics, http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/