Niles, Michigan includes over 100 industrial companies which produce a variety of products. The leading fields of employment in Niles, Michigan are healthcare, manufacturing, educational services, construction, transportation equipment, metal and metal products, machinery, and professional, scientific and technical services. Workers in production, transportation and material moving jobs comprise 25% of the labor force. Those in management, professional and related occupations have a combined 22% of the jobs.
Details regarding Niles, Michigan: In 2008 the cost of living index was at 78.9. The national average is 100. Approximately 14% of the residents 25 years of age and older have earned a bachelor's degree or higher. In 2009 the average salary in Niles was $27,000.
The leading job providers in Niles are:
- Niles Community Schools
- Lakeland Regional Medical Center
- Tyler Refrigeration Corporation - Commercial refrigeration
- Simplicity Pattern Company - Paper patterns
- United Fixtures - Pallet rack & cantilever rack systems
- National-Standard Company - Specialty wire, wire products
- Brandywine Public Schools
- Hess Engineering, Inc - Designs and builds process lines
- French Paper Company
- ABB Flakt Garden City Fan - Industrial fans and blowers
Some of the occupations more prevalent in Niles than most other cities are mechanical engineering technicians, commercial and industrial designers, art directors, computer-controlled machine tool operators, metal and plastic; mechanical engineers, personal care and service workers; tool and die makers; purchasing managers, and assemblers and fabricators.
Local companies are invited to work with helpful associations such as:
- Four Flags Area Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center
Niles Star is a good source for those interested in learning about the activities of local businesses and industries.