Introduction to Olive Branch, Mississippi
Olive Branch, Mississippi, in De Soto county, is located 20 miles SE of Memphis, Tennessee. The city is part of the Memphis metropolitan statistical area (MSA).
Olive Branch History
The city of Olive Branch was originally known as Watson's Crossroad. It got its current name in the year 1846, when the first post office of the city was established. Olive Branch was incorporated as a town in the year 1874. It was designated as a village in the year 1888, and eventually became a city. The business of cotton started flourishing in the early years of the 19th century, and was followed by several other kinds of businesses. The first church of the city was constructed in 1840.
Olive Branch and nearby Attractions
- National Ornamental Metal Museum
- Chucalissa Prehistoric Indian Village
- Fuller State Park
- Hunt/Phelan House
- Pink Palace Museum
Things To Do In Olive Branch
Amongst the several attractions in the city including the National Ornamental Metal Museum and the Chucalissa Prehistoric Indian Village. Facilities for swimming, fishing, and camping are available at the Fuller State park. The Pink Palace Museum and the Hunt/Phelan House are among the other major tourist attractions.
Olive Branch Transportation
Air transportation can be availed from the Jackson International Airport.
Olive Branch Higher Education
Crichton College, Rhodes College, Southwest Tennessee Community College, and University of Memphis are some of the nearby institutes of higher education.