Introduction to O'Fallon, Missouri
O'Fallon, Missouri, in St. Charles county, is 4 miles W of St. Peters, Missouri (center to center) and 25 miles NW of St. Louis, Missouri. The municipality is part of the St. Louis Metropolitan Area. Citi Mortage's headquarters and MasterCard's Global Technology and Operations Center are located in the city.
In the 1830s a large number of German settlers arrived in the O'Fallon region. In 1854 Judge Krekel gave permission to the North Missouri Railroad to construct a train depot on his land. Judge Krekel gave the name O'Fallon Station to the depot in tribute to John O'Fallon, the railroads's president. In 1856 the first house and store were constructed.
In order to protect homes and businesses during the Civil War, German immigrants created a Union regiment to protect the vital North Missouri Railroad line. For a long span of time O'Fallon was a small town, however beginning in the early 1980's it experienced a significant population growth.
- T.R. Hughes Ballpark
- Family Arena
- Butterfly House
- Celebration of Lights
- Heritage & Freedom Fest
- Fall Festival & Craft Bazaar
- Jammin' Outdoor Summer Concert Series
- 9-11 Memorial: A Tribute to First Responders
- Historical Society's Log Cabin Museum
- O'Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk
- Zumwalt's Fort
- Omer J. Dames War Memorial
- St. Charles County Amateur Sports Hall of Fame
Fort Zumwalt Park includes a lake for fishing. Dames Park, Ozzie Smith Sports Complex, Westhoff Park and O'Fallon Sports Park are available for outdoor activities. Quail Ridge County Park Trail features trails in grasslands and wooded areas. The August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area offers a variety of landscapes. Howell Island Conservation Area Trail is situated near the Missouri River and features a variety of wildflowers, birds and wildlife. The Lost Valley Trail is located in a scenic environment.
O'Fallon Higher Education
O'Fallon is home to satellite campuses of Webster University and Lindenwood University.