Camden is home to the corporate headquarters of Campbell Soup. The University District which includes portions of Rutgers University and other colleges contributes to the local economy. The Camden economy is also bolstered by the Port of Camden which handles break bulk and bulk cargo. The port moves domestic and international cargo.
Notable information about Camden, New Jersey: Parts of Camden are included in an Urban Enterprise Zone. In 2008 the cost of living index was at 94.5 which is less than the nation's average of 100. In Camden 5% of the adult residents have earned a bachelor's degree or higher. In 2009 the average salary in Camden was $22,000.
The primary fields of employment in Camden are healthcare, education, accommodation and food services, social assistance, government, construction, manufacturing and professional, scientific and management.
Some of the most popular occupations in Camden, New Jersey that are primarily filled by those with college degrees are registered nurses, teachers, wholesale and manufacturing sales representatives, financial managers, computer software applications engineers, computer systems analysts, social and human service assistants and computer programmers.
Camden's leading job providers:
- On Time Staffing LLC
- The Cooper Health System
- Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center
- L-3 Communications Ilex Systems, Inc
- Diocese of Camden New Jersey
- Campbell Soup Company
- City of Camden
- Mafco Consolidated Group Inc
- Delaware River Port Authority
- County of Camden
- Waste Management, Inc
- Mafco Worldwide Corporation
- Cooper Health Systems
- County of Camden
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, National Association
- Coriell Institute for Medical Research Inc
- Airline Construction Services LLC
- Central Metals Inc
- Bantivoglio Metals Inc
Local companies may work with helpful organizations including:
- Camden County Chamber of Commerce
- New Jersey Economic Development Authority
- New Jersey Small Business Development Centers
CourierPostOnline.com provides readers with current news about local business and industry.