Introduction to Carteret, New Jersey
The original name of Carteret was Roosevelt, and it was initially created as the borough of Roosevelt in April, 1906. On November 7, 1922, the name of the town was formally changed to Carteret. According to some sources, the town of Carteret was named after one of the first proprietors of New Jersey, Sir George Carteret, or his son Philip Carteret, who was the first Governor of New Jersey.
Carteret and nearby Attractions
- Carteret Jewish Community Center
- Carteret Fire Station
- First Presbyterian Church
- Rolphs Creek
- Carteret Park
Things To Do In Carteret
The town of Carteret offers easy access to some of New York’s popular tourist destinations like the Lower East Side Tenement Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Empire State Building. From Carteret one can also visit the Liberty Hall Museum and the Staten Island Zoo. The town itself has a community center and numerous creeks running through the entire town, like Rolphs Creek, Noes Creek, Marshes Creek, and Caseys Creek, among others.
Air transportation is available from Newark Liberty International Airport.
Carteret Higher Education
Educational facilities are available at the Cuny College of Staten Island. Also close by are Union County College and Kean University.