|Male Share of the Population||43.7%|
|Female Share of the Population||56.3%|
|Employed Population 16+||1,804|
|Age of the Population||47|
|% of people married||68.6%|
|Average household size||3|
|Population % with Bachelor Degree or Higher||62.4%|
|Median Earnings Without High School Qualification||$0|
|Median Earnings With High School Degree||$0|
|Median Family Income||$133,715|
|% Above Poverty Level||99.1%|
|% Below Poverty Level||0.9%|
|Average Commute Time||37 minutes|
|% Working from Home||9.4%|
|% Walking and Biking to Work||0%|
|% Using Public Transportation||15%|
|People Living Alone||16.5%|
|Median Gross Rent||$1,280|
|Median House Value||$805,900|
|Other(often includes Hispanic and African American)||60.1%|
Source: American Community Survey, U.S. Census Bureau, 2015, www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/.
|Nearest Medium City||4 miles NW of Hempstead, New York (center to center)|
|Nearest Large City||15 miles E of New York, New York|
|Standard Zip Codes||11040|
|Phone Area Codes||516|
|Time Zone||Eastern (-5 hours from GMT)|
|Daylight Savings||The city observes Daylight Saving Time.|
Nearest Weather Stations
|Jan Temp||25 to 38 F|
|Apr Temp||41 to 58 F|
|Jul Temp||66 to 83 F|
|Oct Temp||47 to 63 F|
|Annual Precip||46.3 inches|
|Station||NEW YORK JFK INTL AP|
|Jan Temp||25 to 39 F|
|Apr Temp||42 to 59 F|
|Jul Temp||67 to 83 F|
|Oct Temp||49 to 64 F|
|Annual Precip||42.4 inches|
|Station||WANTAGH CEDAR CREEK|
|Jan Temp||24 to 37 F|
|Apr Temp||40 to 55 F|
|Jul Temp||67 to 81 F|
|Oct Temp||47 to 62 F|
|Annual Precip||42.9 inches|
According to the US Postal Service, Manhasset Hills, its neighborhoods, and/or surrounding areas are also referred to as:
Garden City P (11040)
Hillside Manor (11040)
Lakeville Estates (11040)
Manhasset Hil (11040)
Note that not all alternate names are acceptable for use in US Post Office addresses.
• Originally founded in 1916 as the Swedish Institute of Physiotherapy, it is one of the oldest continuously operating massage therapy institutions in the country.
• Features a public massage clinic where students can get real-world experience.
• Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
• Programmatic accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Are you an official in the Manhasset Hills government or quasi-government agency such as the chamber of commerce, visitors bureau or economic development council? If so, visit our information page for government officials to see how CityTownInfo can support you.