Troy Colleges and Schools
The lesser-known Troy, New York has a lot to offer students. Think Chowder Fests, Fitness in the Park, the Troy Pig Out (a barbecue competition), unique retail shops, summer concert series and more. This is all emblematic of Troy, and the activities and excitement that students enrolled in Troy colleges and schools can find. Of course, what happens in Troy, New York only happens in Troy, New York, so expect to discover many other unique events in this Eastern New York city, including Troy Night Out, the Troy Makers Market, and Rockin' on the River.
Colleges in Troy, New York
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute: "Why not change the world?" is the question that commonly pops up at this technological research university, the oldest in the country. Its five schools -- architecture; engineering; humanities, arts and social sciences; management; and science -- offer degrees to undergraduate and graduate students, who also can pursue an interdisciplinary degree in information technology and web science if they wish.
- Hudson Valley Community College: Find certificate and degree programs in areas like business, engineering, the liberal arts, the health sciences, and more, as well as opportunities for online learning. Also, at the school you can find athletics, a campus ministry, a Center for Counseling, a Student Activities Office and student government. There are more than 50 clubs and organizations, too, including the Animal Outreach Club, the Garden and Horticulture Club, the Solar Society Club and many others.
Fun Facts about Troy Colleges
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute was founded in 1824.
- Among the services provided at Hudson Valley Community College is an 'attorney on campus.'
- Events, Downtown Troy, http://www.downtowntroy.org/events/
- Student Activities: Clubs and Organizations, Hudson Valley Community College, http://www.hvcc.edu/studentactivities/clubact.html
- Welcome Hudson Valley Community College, Hudson Valley Community College, http://www.hvcc.edu/studentlife.html
- Welcome to Downtown Troy, Downtown Troy Business Improvement District, http://www.downtowntroy.org/#welcome
- Welcome to Rensselaer, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, http://www.rpi.edu/about/
Education Institutes in Troy
Total Number of Educational Institutes
Total Enrollment in all institutes
Number of Public Educational Institutes
Number of Private For-Profit Institutes
Number of Private Non-Profit Institutes
Total Graduates With Bachelors Degree
On Campus and Online Programs in Troy
Number of Institutes Offering on-campus programs
Number of Institutes Offering on-line programs
Number of Institutes Offering both
Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2016-17, National Center for Education Statistics, http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/