Fayetteville Colleges and Schools
With cobblestone streets lining downtown Fayetteville, N.C., as well as galleries, museums, and night life, there is plenty for college students to discover and explore in this area. Fort Bragg military base is just to the west, too. There also are trails and parks within the city as well as restaurants boasting delicious flavors and tastes. And since Fayetteville's founding dates back to 1739, this area could be right for any student pursuing history, government, or any other educational program at one of the Fayetteville colleges and schools.
Colleges in Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Fayetteville State University: This second-oldest public institution of higher learning in the Tar Heel state was founded in 1867 and boasts a diverse student learning community. This liberal arts college offers bachelors, master's and doctoral degrees that can be found primarily in the arts and sciences, business and economics, and education.
- Methodist University: Encouraging students to find their "one" thing, this Methodist school focuses on leadership development, community engagement, global education and undergraduate research and creativity. Bachelors degrees in more than 80 majors are offered, but there also are several master's degrees available.
- Fayetteville Technical Community College: Whether its the arts and humanities, business, computers information, health or more, FTCC has many different choices for students interested in diplomas, certificates and two-year programs. There also are online programs, opportunities for high school students to accelerate their learning, and services available to military members and veterans.
- Carolina College of Biblical Studies: This Fayettevile college offers opportunities to complete two and four-year degrees in biblical studies, as well as in several specialty minors. There is a library and bookstore on-campus as well as options for online learning.
Fun Facts about Fayetteville Colleges
- Students at Fayetteville State University love their Broncos football team so much, that there even is an on-campus bronco-iRadio.com station for news, music and more and also an app that can be downloaded to listen in through a phone.
- Yes, Methodist University has track and football fields and outdoor basketball and volleyball courts, but it also boasts an 18-hole golf course on campus.
- If you happen to be a parent in need of child care help, Fayetteville Technical Community College provides on-campus child care for kids six weeks through five years of age and after-school care for those up to age 12.
- About Fayetteville, FACVB Tourism Department, http://www.visitfayettevillenc.com/about/staff.html
- Academics, Fayetteville Technical Community College, http://www.faytechcc.edu/academics/
- Home, Carolina College of Biblical Studies, http://www.ccbs.edu/
- Schools and Colleges, Fayetteville State University, http://www.uncfsu.edu/schools-and-colleges
- University Profile, Methodist University, http://www.methodist.edu/university-profile
Education Institutes in Fayetteville
Total Number of Educational Institutes
Total Enrollment in all institutes
Number of Public Educational Institutes
Number of Private For-Profit Institutes
Number of Private Non-Profit Institutes
Total Graduates With Bachelors Degree
On Campus and Online Programs in Fayetteville
Number of Institutes Offering on-campus programs
Number of Institutes Offering on-line programs
Number of Institutes Offering both
Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2016-17, National Center for Education Statistics, http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/