Fayetteville, North Carolina includes Fort Bragg, a U.S. Army post and Pope Air Force Base. Both facilities are major economic factors. Manufacturing, including power tools, tires and automotive products are significant economic components.
The primary employment sectors in Fayetteville include educational services, healthcare, accommodation and food services, construction, social assistance and the government.
Regarding the civilian population, 27% are employed in sales and office occupations, 19% are in professional and related occupations, 17% are working in production, transportation and material moving jobs and 10% are employed in management, business and financial operations. In addition, the Fayetteville workforce includes a large number of former military personnel.
Fayetteville includes a number of jobs where the majority of the workers have a college degree such as registered nurses, teachers, wholesale and manufacturing sales representatives, computer specialists, social and human service assistants; child, family and school social workers; education administrators, and management analysts.
The top employers situated in the Fayetteville region:
- Cumberland County Board of Education
- Department of Defense
- Cape Fear Valley Health Systems
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber, Inc
- Cumberland County
- City of Fayetteville
- State of North Carolina
- US Postal Service
- Fayetteville Technical Community College
- Cingular Wireless, LLC
- Army & Air Force Exchange Services
- Fluor Daniel Services Corporation
- Veterans Administration Hospital
- Purolator Filters, NA, LLC
- Non-Appropriated Fund Activity (Army)
- Food Lion, LLC
- ITT Industries
- MJ Soffe Co, Inc
The cost of living index in 2008 in the city was 81.9 which is lower than the nation's average of 100. Regarding the adult residents, 24% have achieved a bachelor's degree or better. In 2009 the average salary for Fayetteville workers was $34,000.
Fayetteville businesses may receive assistance from useful organizations such as:
- Fayetteville-Cumberland County Chamber of Commerce
- North Carolina Economic Developers Association, Inc
- Manufacturers and Chemical Industry Council of North Carolina
Those interested in learning about Fayetteville business activities may want to visit FayObserver.com.