Jacksonville, North Carolina has a large military presence. Jacksonville is home to the Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station New River. Besides the military, the main economic sectors in the city are healthcare, government, education, accommodation and food services, construction and social assistance. Management, professional and related occupations comprise 28% of the labor force. Sales and office jobs comprise 27% of the workforce. The government provides 26% of the jobs in Jacksonville.
Details about Jacksonville, North Carolina: Regarding the adult population, 18% have a bachelor's degree or higher. In 2008 the cost of living index was at 85.0 (national average: 100). In 2009 the average earnings in Jacksonville was $19,000.
Some of the most popular jobs in Jacksonville primarily filled by college graduates are registered nurses, wholesale and manufacturing sales representatives, computer specialists, training and development specialists; social and human service assistants; education and library workers; pharmacists and sales managers.
The top employers located in Jacksonville:
- Onslow Memorial Hospital, Inc
- Marr Brynn Hospital Inc
- Seashore Insurance & Associates Inc
- Onslow County Schools Inc
- Jones-Onlsow Electric Membership Corporation
- Onslow County Hospital Authority
- Platinum Corral LLC
- Marine Federal Credit Union
- Morton Trucking Company
- Freedom Enc Communications Inc
Local companies may want to contact these helpful organizations:
- Jacksonville - Onslow Chamber of Commerce
- North Carolina Economic Developers Association, Inc
- Manufacturers and Chemical Industry Council of North Carolina
Jacksonville business and industry news is provided by the Jacksonville Daily News.