Introduction to Twinsburg, Ohio
The place now known as Twinsburg was originally called Millsville. The first settler was Ethan Alling who arrived in Millsville in the year 1817. Moses and Aaron Wilcox, identical twin brothers, came to this place from Killingworth, Connecticut, in 1819. They purchased 4,000 acres of land and later donated money, as well as land, for the construction of a public square and a school in exchange for renaming the area "Twinsburg."
Twinsburg and Nearby Attractions
- Akron Art Museum
- National Inventors Hall of Fame
- Twinsburg Public Library
- Akron Zoo
- Glen Eagle Golf Course
- Glen Meadow Park
Things To Do In Twinsburg
There are a number of historical sites and museums in and near Twinsburg, including the 65-room country house called Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens, the Akron Art Museum and the National Inventors Hall of Fame. The Plata Lake offers opportunities for various recreational activities. The city has a number of parks and amusement areas for adults as well as children. The Glen Eagle Golf Course has provisions for a quick game. The Akron Zoo, the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, the Six Flags Worlds of Adventure and the Cleveland Botanical Garden, all located nearby, have a large number of animal and plant species for observation.
Air transportation is available from the Cuyahoga County Airport.
Twinsburg Higher Education
Higher education is available at the John Carroll University, the Case Western Reserve University and the Baldwin-Wallace College, all located nearby.