Salem Colleges and Schools
Salem, Oregon, could be the ideal place for any student to attend college. With wellness centers, yoga studios, cherry orchards and chocolate factories, museums, historic gardens and more, young adults and others enrolled in Salem colleges and schools are likely to find excitement in and out of the classroom. Salem also is the state's capital, offering plenty for those interested in politics, history and government. It's also the third largest city in the state.
Colleges in Salem, Oregon
- Willamette University: This private liberal arts institution in Salem encompasses more than 60 acres and includes education in areas such as the liberal arts, law and management. Complete a Bachelors of Art degree, a Juris Doctorate (with a sustainable law certificate if desired) or even a Master's in Business Administration.
- Corban University: "Making a Difference" is this school's motto and education is focused on Gospel-driven learning. Both undergraduate and graduate degrees are available, with undergraduate majors including business, education, English, health science, history and government, music, ministry and more. Find residential living, an opportunity to focus on spiritual living, and even varsity athletics.
- Chemeketa Community College: From community education classes to summer online classes, students can find a variety of formats and educational opportunities at this Salem-based school. You also can complete certificates or two-year degrees in areas like computer science, horticulture, juvenile corrections, the fine arts, welding, wine studies and many others.
- Institute of Technology: Build knowledge and skills in the medical or technical fields with training and education through this technical college, also known as IOT. Additionally, you can complete programs in business, the culinary field or criminal justice and obtain a diploma, certificate or associate degree depending upon the program.
Fun Facts about Salem Colleges
- Race in 'turkey' attire, with other students at Corban University in their November Turkey Trot.
- Willamette University has its own ecologically diverse land, known as Zena Forest, which is more than 300 acres.
- Interculturual Movie Nights are a regular occurrence at Chemeketa Community College.
- The Salem, Oregon campus is just one of four IOT campuses located in the West.
- About Willamette, Willamette University, https://willamette.edu/about/
- Academics, Willamette University, https://willamette.edu/academics/index.html
- College Life, Chemeketa Community College, http://www.chemeketa.edu/aboutchemeketa/collegelife/
- Majors, Corban University, https://undergrad.corban.edu/majors
- Programs and Areas of Study, Chemeketa Community College, http://www.chemeketa.edu/programs/
- Things to Do, Travel Salem: Absolutely Oregon, http://www.travelsalem.com/things-to-do
- Vocational School in Salem Oregon, Institute of Technology, http://www.iot.edu/locations/salem-college/
- "Was That a Turkey Trotting By?" Corban Clips, https://blogs.corban.edu/clips/2014/11/21/was-that-a-turkey-trotting-by/
Education Institutes in Salem
Total Number of Educational Institutes
Total Enrollment in all institutes
Number of Public Educational Institutes
Number of Private For-Profit Institutes
Number of Private Non-Profit Institutes
Total Graduates With Bachelors Degree
On Campus and Online Programs in Salem
Number of Institutes Offering on-campus programs
Number of Institutes Offering on-line programs
Number of Institutes Offering both
Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2016-17, National Center for Education Statistics, http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/