Spartanburg, South Carolina has more than 100 international companies. The city has one of the highest per capita international investment in the nation. Spartanburg includes the headquarters of Extended Stay Hotels, QS/1 Data Systems, Advance America and Denny's. Milliken & Company, one of the world's largest privately held textile and chemical manufacturers has its headquarters and a research facility in Spartanburg. The region's economy also benefits from a BMW manufacturing facility.
The leading employment sectors in Spartanburg are accommodation and food services, construction, textile mills and textile products, educational services, healthcare, manufacturing, social assistance and professional, scientific and technical services.
Management, professional and related occupations (29% of the jobs). Sales and office occupations (22% of the workforce). Production, transportation and material moving jobs (17% of the labor force).
Noteworthy facts about Spartanburg, South Carolina: Adult population holding a bachelor's degree or higher: 26%. Cost of living index in 2008: 83.2. Average salary in 2009: $27,000.
The top job providers in Spartanburg:
- Spartanburg Regional Health Services District Inc
- USLC, LLC
- Black Mary Health Systems LLC
- RR Donnelley & Sons Company
- Spartanburg Automotive Steel Inc
- Tietex International
- Denny's Holdings, Inc
- American Fibers and Yarns Company
- Cemex Construction Materials LP
- Invista SARL
- Spartanburg Stainless Products, Inc
- Walmart Stores, Inc
- Advantica Restaurant Group Inc
- JM Smith Corporation
- Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg
- Synalloy Corporation
- Southern States Packaging Company, Inv
- Metromont Materials Corp
Some of the most popular jobs in Spartanburg where the majority of the workers are college graduates include registered nurses, teachers, wholesale and manufacturing sales representatives, industrial engineers, sales managers, computer programmers, financial managers, and computer systems analysts.
Spartanburg businesses have access to helpful organizations such as:
- Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Manufacturers Alliance
- South Carolina Economic Developers' Association
- Small Business Administration - South Carolina
Those interested in staying current with Spartanburg business activities may want to visit the GoUpstate.com.