Introduction to Addison, Texas
The present day town of Addison was first settled in the year 1846. At this time, Preston Witt built a house near the White Rock Creek. In 1902, the community was named in honor of Addison Robertson. Robertson served as the region’s postmaster from 1908 to 1916. The first industry, a cotton gin, opened on Addison Road the same year. Addison was incorporated as a city on June 15, 1953.
Addison and nearby Attractions
- Cavanaugh Flight Museum
- Water Tower Theatre
- Farmers Branch Historical Park
- White Rock Chapel Church
- Prestonwood Shopping Center
- Tom Landry Stadium
Things To Do In Addison
Visitors in Addison can plan a trip to the nearby museums and historic sites. Among these are the Farmers Branch Historical Park, the Dallas Children’s Museum and the Little Chapel-in-the-Woods, a mid-20th century chapel designed by O'Neil Ford and considered to be among the finest buildings in the state. In addition, the town hosts annual celebrations like ArtFest, ITALIA, North Texas Jazz Festival, Oktoberfest and Taste Addison.
International flights are available from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
Addison Higher Education
Higher educational opportunities are offered by Brookhaven College, The University of Texas at Dallas and the Richland College.