Corpus Christi Colleges and Schools
Most people probably don't think 'beach' when they think of Texas, but that's exactly what Corpus Christi has to offer. This coastal city offers miles of shoreline, opportunities for wind and water sports and the chance to get closer to nature, all while hanging out with your Corpus Christi colleges and schools friends. But it also has a downtown, too, offering the best of both worlds for those who love the beach, but also want to explore culture, music, food, and a city atmosphere.
Colleges in Corpus Christi, Texas
- Texas A&M Corpus Christi: This school offers more 60 degree programs through its five colleges, which include Business, Education, Liberal Arts, Nursing and Health Sciences, and Science and Engineering. Educational paths include bachelor's, masters and and even doctoral degrees and a first-year convocation is offered to help freshman students transition to the demands of college life.
- Del Mar College: Associate of art and associate of science degrees are available at this school and in more than 50 transfer majors, meaning you can use your education to continue on to a Texas university through a '2+2' program. You also can find an honors program and online learning options.
- South Texas Vocational Technical Institute: Here's a school where you can gain hands-on skills through programs in dental assisting, medical assisting, the skilled trades, and more. Find career services and professional partnerships -- like potentially with future employers -- all that can help you get headed in the direction of your career goals.
- Southern Careers Institute: Build new skills in medical assisting, medical billing, welding and more at this Corpus Christi vocational school. You also may be able to transfer in other college credit or receive military assistance if you have been a member of the military.
Fun Facts About Corpus Christi Colleges
- Texas A&M Corpus Christi is located on an island and is known as the "Island University." In fact, it's the only university in the country to be located on an island in the Gulf Coast.
- Looking for a unique major? Del Mar College has a Mexican-American Studies (MAS) program -- the school's newest major -- and also was founded in 1935, making it older than even Texas A&M Corpus Christi.
- Southern Careers Institute actually offers 'skills badges' to its students, which are recognized and valued by employer partners. And they don't need to be sewn on a vest or scarf because they are all electronic.
- Corpus Christi, Mustang and Padre Islands, Corpus Christi Convention and Visitors Bureau, http://www.visitcorpuschristitx.org/index.aspx
- Corpus Christi, Southern Careers Institute, http://www.scitexas.edu/locations/corpus-christi/
- Find the Program That's Right for You, Del Mar College, http://www.delmar.edu/Degrees.aspx
- Home, Texas A&M Corpus Christi, http://prospect.tamucc.edu/index.html
- Who We Are, South Texas Vocational Training and Institute, http://www.stvt.edu/