The Provo region has a diverse economy. The region has one of the largest concentrations of software technologies firms in the country and also has one of the nation's largest concentrations of high-technology companies. The region also includes numerous biotech companies.
Some of the world's prominent software firms are situated in the Provo area including Symantec, Novell, Inc., and Corel. Some of the high tech companies situated in the area are Ameritech Library Services, Micron Technology, Covergys, PowerQuest Corp., Nimbus Manufacturing, Viewsoft and Folio Corporation. Provo is also home to Nature's Sunshine, Banta Press, Powder River Manufacturing and Sears Telecatolog.
Notable data about Provo, Utah: Average earnings in 2009: $29,000. Adult population holding a bachelor's degree or higher: 35%. 2008 cost of living index in Provo: 92.9 (national average: 100).
Provo's largest job providers:
- Brigham Young University
- Alpine School District
- IHC Health Care Services
- Utah Valley State College
- Nebo School District
- Provo School District
- Nestle USA Food Group Inc
- Novell, Inc
- Modus Media International
- Nu Skin International Inc
- Utah Dept of Human Services
- Morinda Holdings, Inc
- Natures Sunshine Products, Inc
- The Generations Network Inc
- Central Utah Clinic, PC
- Heritage Schools Foundation, Inc
- Heritage Web Design, LLC
Provo's significant fields of employment:
- Trade, transportation and utilities
- Leisure and hospitality
- Professional, scientific and management
Provo companies have access to helpful associations such as:
- Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Utah Manufacturers Association
- Economic Development Corporation Utah
- Utah Small Business Development Center
Information about local business and industry is provided by the Daily Herald.