The top industries in Mount Vernon, Washington are educational services, healthcare, manufacturing and agriculture. Jobs are also provided in sectors such as wood products, marine, and aerospace. The region's notable tulip industry also contributes to the economy.
The region's Janicki Industries specializes in producing large milled patterns, plugs, molds and tooling for aerospace, transportation and marine applications and provides numerous jobs. The nearby Dakota Creek Industries is one of the local marine industry's primary companies.
The major employment segments in Mount Vernon, Washington are healthcare, educational services, construction; agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting; transportation equipment, and accommodation and food services. Sales and office occupations (24% of the workforce). Management, professional and related occupations (23% of the labor force).
The top employers in Mount Vernon, Washington:
- Public Hospital District
- Draper Valley Holdings LLC
- Skagit Valley Medical Center, Inc P S
- Hulbert Farms Inc
- Walmart Stores, Inc
- Skagit Valley Publishing Company
- Paccar Inc
- Dynacare Laboratories Inc
- Lowe's Home Centers, Inc
- Alf Christianson Seed Co
- Dynacare Northwest, Inc
- Mira Vista Corporation
- Cascade Ag Services, Inc
- Life Care Center of Mount Vernon Inc
- Brown Line, LLC
- Food Services, Inc
- Pallet Services, Inc
- Hansell Mitzel, LLC
Details about Mount Vernon, Washington: Average salary in 2009: $30,000. Cost of living in 2008: 94.1 (U.S. average: 100). Adult residents holding a bachelor's degree or better: 19%.
Local companies are provided assistance from the following organizations:
- Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce
- Washington Economic Development Association
- Washington State Department of Community, Trade & Economic Development
- Washington Manufacturing Services
- Small Business Administration - Washington
Details about local business and industry activities are provided by goskagit.com.