Agnes Scott College was originally established as the Decatur Female Seminary in 1889. Founded by Presbyterian minister Frank H. Gaines, the school was renamed Agnes Scott Institute in 1890, and given its present name in 1906. The campus of ASC occupies 100 acres of land in Decatur, Georgia. The student body of the college includes representatives from over 40 states and more than 25 countries around the world.
Students are offered more than 30 undergraduate majors and 25 minors. A large number of dual-degree programs, post-baccalaureate certificates in pre-medicine, and courses in pre-law are also offered. In addition, ASC awards a Master of Arts in Teaching degree in the fields of biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, and English.
The sports teams of Agnes Scott College are nicknamed the Scotties. The athletics department of the college fields teams in basketball, volleyball, lacrosse, tennis, soccer, and softball. The Scotties compete in the NCAA Division III. Students also participate in intramural and clubs sports like cross country, cycling, triathlon, and swimming.
Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) 2016-17, National Center for Education Statistics, http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.